Friday, July 13, 2007

Q&A

A few people have posted questions in the comments section that I wanted to respond to.

Q: Have we showered yet?
A: We have not showered yet, and it could be a while before we do. To get by I make full use of bathrooms along the way. This includes rinsing my hair out, taking my shirt off to wash my body, and washing my face. I really don't feel that dirty, but I do stink.

Q: how are you getting internet service? Do you have a laptop?
A: I don't have a laptop. I've using this device called Pocketmail that allows me to write emails when I have free time and than to transmit I just need to call a 1-800 number on a pay phone. I hold the device up to the phone and it transmit/receives similar to a fax machine. Armin and Julie have been using the internet at small town libraries we pass through if they get the chance.

Q: Did you or your fellow travelmates happen to record your "physicals" before you left? Hair color, weight, height, skin color, number of limbs, etc.? I would imagine after riding across country something might change!
A: I weighed myself (180) and plan to take pictures of my face daily to show change. Armin also weighed himself and took profile shots with his shirt off. Julie also weighed herself and all her gear. I think I heard her say she's really into stats, so besides daily mileage she is recording her average and top speed.

I think that is all the questions. Keep them coming, I'm happy to answer them.