Sunday, August 5, 2007

Day 22 - 41 Miles

Total = 1481
Big Lake to Sauk Rapids

Ants, ants, ants!! You think you have a sealed tent, but ants are smart. The one's we had last night were really small. So, all through out the night I would feel something crawling on me and I would grab for it, but the ants are so small I couldn't feel anything in my hand. So, all through the night I thought I was just going crazy or had developed some weird skin issue like Julie has been having dealing with. This morning I could see the little suckers that kept me up during the night.

We had a real short ride up to the St. Cloud/Sauk Rapids area. We took the extra time to go around St. Cloud running errands, before going to my cousin Pam's in Sauk Rapids. It was nice to see Pam and her family. Her husband, Gunther, turned me onto a wheat beer out of Kansas City called Boulevard Brewing. As a special treat my aunt Sharon also made the trip up to spend time visiting during our short stay here. This is the end of my family connections until Portland. We will all miss the comforts and kindness that they've provided.

We have six days to get to Bismarck, so Julie can make it back to a wedding in Chicago. At 400+ miles we will need to put in 80 to 100 mile days. It should be flat and let's just hope the wind and/or rain isn't too bad.