Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 41 - 53 Miles



Lewiston, ID to Dodge, WA
Total = 3,160 Miles

The group has split. What once was three is no longer. For the evening at least. Due to a missed checkpoint, Armin made it about 24 miles ahead of us to Dayton. Julie and I are stuck in Dodge, which really isn't a town at all. Just a port-a-potty, a farm house, and an abandoned house at a highway junction.

Julie and I waited and waited for Armin to make it to Dodge, but after a while we figured he either broke down or decided to stop at the last town. We asked a few passing motorists and they said a biker wasn't on the road. After a while it got too late for us to continue forward, so we set up camp up on the hill by the abandoned house. Than I checked my phone again after dinner and sure enough Armin had called.


Not sure how he missed us, but the person we were waiting for is now 24 miles up the road. We have/had plans to stay at my friend Sheila's tomorrow night, but with the lost miles today, it's going to be tough for Julie and I. Another ~125 mile day if I counted correctly. I think I can do it, just need to convince Julie. She seems to be a goal setter and up for challenges, so hopefully once we catch up to Armin tomorrow the decision will be to make it to Paterson. A home cooked meal and a place to sleep indoors awaits.