Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Day 26 - 85 Miles

Total = 1856 Miles
Edgeley to Linton

Sorry about not getting the post out yesterday. North Dakota doesn't have many towns and even less pay phones. I might not get this post out either before Bismarck.

When bicycling for extended periods of time one does Strange things to pass time. I was so tired at one point that I sang 100 bottles of beer just to get through the end of the days ride. And yes, I did get to the last beer and instead of passing it around I drank it. Another common thing is singing, a task which helps to remember all the lyrics. I'm terrible at this and end up sounding like a broken record, Armin is the best. The past week I've started talking to animals. Sometimes I talk to Mr. Lama, but often times I'm mooing at the cows. Two days ago got one to run a few feet after getting scared. Since than I've taken it up a notch. Today I got about 50 head of cattle enjoying themselves next to a pond to run away scared. The trick is to scare one and get him running. Once this happens the herd follows along...I think it's similar to junior high where everybody started wearing overalls with one strap down. Herd mentality.

Tonight we are staying in Linton. A metropolis compared to some towns we've passed through. Except no pay phone's. Once again staying at a church, this time St. Anthony's. Great spot for the night. We are only about 60 to 70 miles from Bismarck, so we are going to split it up so we don't get to town until Friday. That means two really short days of riding! The rest will be nice.